To have a swimming pool in the backyard – this is perhaps one of the dreams of many people. Nonetheless, many think that this is an impossible dream, believing that it is a luxury that is reserved to the few who have a lot of money. In reality, however, even if you do not have a fortune, it is possible to have a pool of your own. An above ground pool will offer the perfect solution.
An above ground pool will prove to be an excellent alternative to an in-ground pool, especially when it comes to affordability. Over the years, different manufacturers have introduced different models, which has also forced the prices to be lower. Therefore, in today’s time, there is no more excuse to not have a pool at home as such is possible even if you do not have the luxury of financial resources.
Are you looking for the best above ground pool? You do not have to search any further. Keep on reading and we will provide you with insights on the essential factors that you should consider. We will also provide you with recommendations on five of the best options that are available in the marketplace today.
Benefits of Above Ground Pool
The following are some of the reasons that can convince you to have an above ground pool:
- Affordable Price: As it has been earlier pointed out, one of the best things about an above-ground pool is that it is a cost-effective option. You do not need to spend an excessive amount to have a swimming pool at home.
- Easy to Assemble: In the case of a traditional pool, there is a need to work with the pros in order to have it built. This is going to require several weeks of labor. With an above-ground pool, on the other hand, it can be assembled with just a few hours to spare.
- Add Aesthetic Appeal: If you have a huge yard at home and it is just plain, it will look boring. With the addition of an above-ground pool, on the other hand, it can look better. Just make sure to find one with an excellent design.
- Space for Kids: If you have kids, they would surely appreciate having a pool, especially during the summer months. It can encourage them to become active and this will also be good for teaching little ones how to swim.
- Be Active: There are above ground pools that are big enough for adults. This means that you can use the pool for your daily exercise routine. You just have to be creative in thinking of the exercises that you can do while in the pool.
Top 4 Best Above Ground Pool Recommendation On The Market
There are many above ground pool products on the market, I recommend top 4 best above ground pool for you as following:
42 x 216 x 216 inches
180 x 180 x 48 inches
216 x 216 x 52 inches
144 x 144 x 30 inches
Top 4 Best Above Ground Pool Reviews
1. Intex 18 Ft x 10 Ft x 42 In Oval Frame Pool Set
Most of the above ground pools available in the market are either round or rectangular. This model can be considered as an excellent alternative as it has an oval shape. This is the perfect choice if you have a backyard that is narrow and long, which may be unable to accommodate other shapes.
Strength is one more thing that should be noted about this model. It is made with the use of high-grade materials that can withstand the test of time. One thing that makes this possible is the long-lasting steel frame, which has also been powder coated to make it rust-resistant.
The Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter that is integrated into this above ground pool is another feature that makes this an impressive choice. With the filter, you can be confident that the water will be kept clean all the time even without having to replace it often.
From all of the products that have been mentioned in this buying guide, this is one of the smallest. It has a water capacity of 2,885 gallons. Meanwhile, it is also important to point out that it can provide the best bang for the buck as it comes with the accessories you need, such as ground cloth, ladder, cover, and even an instructional DVD.
Things We Liked
- Powerful filter
- Affordable price
- Space-efficient design
Things We Didn’t Like
- Can be too small
- Requires frequent pumping
2. Intex 15 Ft x 48 In Easy Pool Set
As we have mentioned earlier, an above ground pool is the perfect choice for those who would love to have a swimming pool at home in the absence of having to spend a lot. This is an excellent choice within the product category because it comes with an affordable price.
When it comes to safety, this is also going to be an option that is hard to match. One of the most commendable features of this model is the ground fault interrupter. When electrical current gets in contact with water, the motor will stop working, which will prevent electrocution.
If you want a pool that can be perfect for kids, this should be on the list of your choices. It is a good thing that it comes with Fisher-Price ladder. This will make it easier for children to get in and out of the pool even on their own.
This above ground swimming pool has a total water capacity of 3,736 gallons. It can be filled by as much as 80%. It is not too large and not too small, which makes it especially perfect for kids to have fun under the heat of the summer sun.
Things We Liked
- Budget friendly
- Has ground fault interrupter
- Easy to drain
Things We Didn’t Like
- Can be small for large families
- Durability issues
3. Intex 18 Ft x 52 In Ultra-Frame Pool Set with Sand Filter Pump
The generous size of this pool is one of the things that will convince you to have it chosen above many other options. It can hold up to 6,981 gallons of water, which will fill the above ground pool by as much as 90%.
More so, it also comes with Super Tough laminated side walls, which is indicative of its durability. The reinforced side walls, complemented by the durable steel frame, will ensure the stability of the pool even with its full capacity.
Another feature that makes this an impressive pick within the product category is its Krystal Clear Sand Filter. The latter is an innovative addition to the pool that allows it to pump up to 1,600 gallons of water per hour. In addition, it also helps to keep the water clean by keeping sand out.
Lastly, we loved how this pool requires minimal maintenance. Even without exerting too much effort, you can be able to retain its best quality through the years. It will also be easy to keep the water clean, giving you the guarantee that it will be fun and safe for the whole family.
Things We Liked
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Durable frame
- Effortless assembly
Things We Didn’t Like
- Small filter
- Customer support is inferior
4. Intex 12ft X 30in Metal Frame Pool Set
This is another excellent choice if you would like to build a makeshift pool in the backyard. It is made by a reputable company and with the use of excellent materials. It is puncture-resistant, providing you with the guarantee that it will remain functional even for an extended period of time.
By being user-friendly, you can be assured that setting it up will be as effortless as possible. Even if you have not used a similar product in the past, you will not have any problem. Simply have it spread, assemble, and fill with water. In less than thirty minutes it can be ready! The manufacturer provides comprehensive instructions to provide you with the details on how it is assembled.
The Krystal clear pump that is included in this model is another feature that will surely leave you impressed. It has the ability to pump water at a rate of 530 gallons per hour, which is pretty much commendable, lessening the waiting time before it is filled with water.
Lastly, it is also a good thing that it is integrated with a convenient drain plug. You can have it easily connected to a garden hose when it is time to have the water drained.
Things We Liked
- Durable construction
- Easy to setup
- Made by a trusted brand
Things We Didn’t Like
- A bit small
- Can be prone to leaking
Infographic - The Key to Get the Best Above Ground Pool
Finding The Right Size of Above Ground Pool
Among others, one of the first things that should be taken into account would be the right size of the pool. Generally speaking, you need to take into account the following things in deciding which size is perfect:
- Who Will Use The Pool: If the above ground pool is going to be used by kids, a small size can prove to be enough. On the other hand, if it is going to be used even by adults, obviously, you will need to pick one with the bigger size.
- How Many Will Use The Pool: Is the pool going to be used in a small home with three members? Or maybe, is it going to be used by a large family or in a home that is often a venue of get-togethers? These things will be indicative of the right size to choose.
- What Is The Intended Use Of The Pool: If it is going to be casually used by kids, you will be good with a small pool. On the other hand, if it is going to be used for exercise and as a recreation during house parties, a larger one should be chosen.
- Where Will It Be Placed: Of course, you should consider the size of your backyard or wherever the above ground pool will be placed. Make sure that you will have more than enough space so that you can move around with ease.
Put an Emphasis on Safety
One of the most important things that you should consider when evaluating the choices for an above ground pool would be safety. In this case, the following are some of the factors to keep in mind:
- Materials: Some of the most common materials that are used for above ground pools include steel, aluminum, and resin. Make sure that the materials can withstand the weight of water and users. In addition, make sure that the materials will last long in the absence of negatively affecting its quality.
- Reviews: In order to be sure about the safety of the above ground pool that you will be purchasing, it is critical to have the time to read reviews from past users. This will be an opportunity for you to gain insights from the experiences of others, making it easier to weigh the pros and cons of the options that you will have.
- Accessories: There are many accessories that will have an impact on the safety of the above ground pool. For instance, one of the most popular is a ladder, which will allow kids to easily get on and off the pool. More so, it will also be good to have lights, which will help ensure safety even at night. Having a filter is also essential as it will make sure that the impurities from the water will not get in contact with humans.
Gone were the days wherein having a pool at home is only a dream. You can now make it real through an above ground pool. Keep in mind, however, that not all choices are the same. To avoid making a decision that you will regret, make sure to pay attention to the recommendations that we made above for the best above ground pool, as well as some of the factors that will have an impact on the decision that you will make.